Mateusz Borowiak - Three Recital NY Debut

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Donald Isler

Mateusz Borowiak - Three Recital NY Debut

Post by Donald Isler » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:50 am

This week British/Polish pianist Mateusz Borowiak will make his New York debut with three recitals at Merkin Hall. Between them, the three recitals will include the first six Piano Sonatas of the American composer Louis Pelosi, plus all the etudes of Chopin and Debussy, and all the etudes, except Op. 33, of Rachmaninoff. This Sunday, the 5th, he will play two Pelosi sonatas and all the Chopin etudes. On Wednesday, the 8th, he will play two Pelosi sonatas and the Debussy etudes. Then, the following Sunday, the 12th, he will play two more Pelosi sonatas and the Rachmaninoff etudes.

Borowiak, who was a prize winner at the Queen Elisabeth of Belgium Competition, is a brilliant young pianist whom I have heard numerous times in house concerts, and who has played all over the world, though he is hardly known in America. I hope this extraordinary series of concerts will change that. He deserves to be heard, and Pelosi's music deserves to be better known.
Donald Isler

maestrob

Re: Mateusz Borowiak - Three Recital NY Debut

Post by maestrob » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:31 pm

Hi, Donald! :)

Are there any published recordings we can buy?

Donald Isler

Post by Donald Isler » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:50 pm

Hi Maestro,

He's recorded some Soler sonatas for Naxos, and the Pelosi Preludes and Fugues for KASP Records.
Donald Isler

maestrob

Post by maestrob » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:38 pm

Thanks! I just ordered the Soler through amazon. Will post a review when I get it. Appreciate the recommendation.