Mullova plays Sibelius VC live

Your 'hot spot' for all classical music subjects. Non-classical music subjects are to be posted in the Corner Pub.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Rach3

Mullova plays Sibelius VC live

Post by Rach3 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:45 pm

Viktoria Mullova plays my fav VC, the Sibelius VC, with Halle Orchestra,Mark Elder, recently , says it’s one of the few concertos she feels she plays better technically now than when she was younger. Starts about 19 minutes in to the concert.No argument from me here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00041gm

Fww,Saturday,April 13, at DSO.ORG./LIVE, pianist Helen Grimaud plays LvB PC # 4 with Detroit Symphony under Ludovic Morlot, starting at 8:00 pm EDT ( US ) from Detroit, with Prokofieff Sym.5 also on programme. Free TV April 13 , but no later VOD archive unless you make a donation later.

moldyoldie

Re: Mullova plays Sibelius VC live

Post by moldyoldie » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:26 pm

Rach3 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:45 pm
Fww,Saturday,April 13, at DSO.ORG./LIVE, pianist Helen Grimaud plays LvB PC # 4 with Detroit Symphony under Ludovic Morlot, starting at 8:00 pm EDT ( US ) from Detroit, with Prokofieff Sym.5 also on programme. Free TV April 13 , but no later VOD archive unless you make a donation later.
I'm watching the webcast now. Apparently they can't show Ms. Grimaud performing live because of rights issues. :? In its place they're streaming the taped audio only of yesterday's performance of the Beethoven Concerto No. 4. The "regularly scheduled program" will resume at intermission.
"Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time."
- Steve Wright

Rach3

Re: Mullova plays Sibelius VC live

Post by Rach3 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:51 pm

Yes, I saw, too.Bizarre ! Rights issues ?! Could not resolve before now ??!!

Just what CM needs : Limit CM exposure for the benefit of recording companies, artist agents.VERY short-sighted and ultimately detrimental to revenues, elitist image.