My Computer Crashed

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Post Reply
Madame
Posts: 3552
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:56 am

My Computer Crashed

Post by Madame » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:18 am

Two weeks ago. I was lost. After a week it wasn't so bad. Then I kind of liked it. Caught up on other things. Saw a few old friends. Visited the curling club in Seattle and met some new people. Over the weekend got it repaired, upgraded, and screaming fast. Retrieved backed up files, re-installed applications, and opened the floodgates for emails. The computer was supposed to make things easier for me. Now I wonder, I think it's more work. Today I wished it was last week again.

living_stradivarius
Posts: 6724
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:41 pm
Location: Minnesnowta
Contact:

Re: My Computer Crashed

Post by living_stradivarius » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:16 am

Madame wrote:Two weeks ago. I was lost. After a week it wasn't so bad. Then I kind of liked it. Caught up on other things. Saw a few old friends. Visited the curling club in Seattle and met some new people. Over the weekend got it repaired, upgraded, and screaming fast. Retrieved backed up files, re-installed applications, and opened the floodgates for emails. The computer was supposed to make things easier for me. Now I wonder, I think it's more work. Today I wished it was last week again.
Oh but it can very easily be last week. Just find that sledgehammer.
Image
Image

jbuck919
Military Band Specialist
Posts: 26867
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Stony Creek, New York

Re: My Computer Crashed

Post by jbuck919 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:48 am

Image

There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself.
-- Johann Sebastian Bach

Madame
Posts: 3552
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:56 am

Re: My Computer Crashed

Post by Madame » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:43 am

living_stradivarius wrote:
Madame wrote:Two weeks ago. I was lost. After a week it wasn't so bad. Then I kind of liked it. Caught up on other things. Saw a few old friends. Visited the curling club in Seattle and met some new people. Over the weekend got it repaired, upgraded, and screaming fast. Retrieved backed up files, re-installed applications, and opened the floodgates for emails. The computer was supposed to make things easier for me. Now I wonder, I think it's more work. Today I wished it was last week again.
Oh but it can very easily be last week. Just find that sledgehammer.
Image
I'm thinking ... I'm thinking ... my ISP business office opens in about 4 hours. :)

Madame
Posts: 3552
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:56 am

Re: My Computer Crashed

Post by Madame » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:44 am

jbuck919 wrote:Image
Which one? :)

Ralph
Dittersdorf Specialist & CMG NY Host
Posts: 20996
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Paradise on Earth, New York, NY

Re: My Computer Crashed

Post by Ralph » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:47 am

Apart from my total addiction to The Saul Chronicles I couldn't function as a lawyer and law professor without being both online and doing research. So that's why I have two PCs, three laptops and two netbooks. :)
Image

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Albert Einstein

Madame
Posts: 3552
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:56 am

Re: My Computer Crashed

Post by Madame » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:00 am

Ralph wrote:Apart from my total addiction to The Saul Chronicles I couldn't function as a lawyer and law professor without being both online and doing research. So that's why I have two PCs, three laptops and two netbooks. :)
And a Image ? :)

Istvan
Posts: 570
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:48 am
Location: France

Re: My Computer Crashed

Post by Istvan » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:27 am

PC Help Forums can be very useful. I only use a French one but there must be some English language ones.
Cheers

Istvan

Image

DavidRoss
Posts: 3384
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 7:05 am
Location: Northern California

Re: My Computer Crashed

Post by DavidRoss » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:31 am

Madame wrote:
Ralph wrote:Apart from my total addiction to The Saul Chronicles I couldn't function as a lawyer and law professor without being both online and doing research. So that's why I have two PCs, three laptops and two netbooks. :)
And a Image ? :)
Cute.

12 cell phones ringing
11 net books downloading
10 iPods singing
9 X-boxes playing
8 digicams recording
7 bluetooths synching
6 GPSes tracking
...5 Nintendo WIIs...
4 netflix downloads
3 PDAs
2 notebook PCs
and a 3D LCD TV!
"Most men, including those at ease with problems of the greatest complexity, can seldom accept even the simplest and most obvious truth if it would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions which they have delighted in explaining to colleagues, which they have proudly taught to others, and which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabric of their lives." ~Leo Tolstoy

"It is the highest form of self-respect to admit our errors and mistakes and make amends for them. To make a mistake is only an error in judgment, but to adhere to it when it is discovered shows infirmity of character." ~Dale Turner

"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either." ~Albert Einstein
"Truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it and ignorance may deride it; but, in the end, there it is." ~Winston Churchill

Image

Madame
Posts: 3552
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:56 am

Re: My Computer Crashed

Post by Madame » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:41 am

Istvan wrote:PC Help Forums can be very useful. I only use a French one but there must be some English language ones.
Thank you. I know how to use the computer ... too well! :)

Ralph
Dittersdorf Specialist & CMG NY Host
Posts: 20996
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:54 am
Location: Paradise on Earth, New York, NY

Re: My Computer Crashed

Post by Ralph » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:04 am

DavidRoss wrote:
Madame wrote:
Ralph wrote:Apart from my total addiction to The Saul Chronicles I couldn't function as a lawyer and law professor without being both online and doing research. So that's why I have two PCs, three laptops and two netbooks. :)
And a Image ? :)
Cute.

12 cell phones ringing
11 net books downloading
10 iPods singing
9 X-boxes playing
8 digicams recording
7 bluetooths synching
6 GPSes tracking
...5 Nintendo WIIs...
4 netflix downloads
3 PDAs
2 notebook PCs
and a 3D LCD TV!
*****

Hey, you forgot digital cameras!!!!!!
Image

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Albert Einstein

slofstra
Posts: 8901
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:23 pm
Location: Waterloo, ON, Canada
Contact:

Re: My Computer Crashed

Post by slofstra » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:49 am

Madame wrote:
Istvan wrote:PC Help Forums can be very useful. I only use a French one but there must be some English language ones.
Thank you. I know how to use the computer ... too well! :)
Take a fast or sabbatical. It's sensory overload.

Madame
Posts: 3552
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:56 am

Re: My Computer Crashed

Post by Madame » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:48 pm

slofstra wrote:
Madame wrote:
Istvan wrote:PC Help Forums can be very useful. I only use a French one but there must be some English language ones.
Thank you. I know how to use the computer ... too well! :)
Take a fast or sabbatical. It's sensory overload.
EGGS-actly! I'm thinking sabbatical.

DavidRoss
Posts: 3384
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 7:05 am
Location: Northern California

Re: My Computer Crashed

Post by DavidRoss » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:06 pm

Ralph wrote:Hey, you forgot digital cameras!!!!!!
:D See number 8. :wink:
"Most men, including those at ease with problems of the greatest complexity, can seldom accept even the simplest and most obvious truth if it would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions which they have delighted in explaining to colleagues, which they have proudly taught to others, and which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabric of their lives." ~Leo Tolstoy

"It is the highest form of self-respect to admit our errors and mistakes and make amends for them. To make a mistake is only an error in judgment, but to adhere to it when it is discovered shows infirmity of character." ~Dale Turner

"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either." ~Albert Einstein
"Truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it and ignorance may deride it; but, in the end, there it is." ~Winston Churchill

Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests