I love Irony!

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Guitarist

I love Irony!

Post by Guitarist » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:07 pm

Here's a recent quote from Sarah Palin:
"I want to help clean up the state that is so sorry today of journalism. And I have a communications degree."
:?: :shock:

piston

Re: I love Irony!

Post by piston » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:10 pm

Old Soviet winds must be blowing in her direction.....
In the eyes of those lovers of perfection, a work is never finished—a word that for them has no sense—but abandoned....(Paul Valéry)

JackC

Post by JackC » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:14 pm

Almost as stupid as Senator Rockefeller's (has ever ever actually been in West Virginia by the way :lol: ) statement that he wished that the FCC would ban Fox News and MSNBC.

And Joe Biden says more stupid stuff every week than the rest of the human race combined. I wonder why he gets a pass.
Last edited by JackC on Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scott Morrison

Post by Scott Morrison » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:17 pm

What's great about her is that she has no idea when she has her foot in her mouth.

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people. - H. L. Mencken
Der Himmel hängt voller Geigen. - Bavarian folksong

Barry

Post by Barry » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:40 pm

JackC wrote: And Joe Biden says more stupid stuff every week than the rest of the human race combined. I wonder why he gets a pass.
The classic was when he tried to convince a southerner to vote for him in an '08 primary by telling the guy that his state (Delaware) was a "slave state."
"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." - Abraham Lincoln

"Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed." - Winston Churchill

"Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement." - Ronald Reagan

http://www.davidstuff.com/political/wmdquotes.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pbp0hur ... re=related

Guitarist

Post by Guitarist » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:53 pm

JackC wrote:Almost as stupid as Senator Rockefeller's (has ever ever actually been in West Virginia by the way :lol: ) statement that he wished that the FCC would ban Fox News and MSNBC.

And Joe Biden says more stupid stuff every week than the rest of the human race combined. I wonder why he gets a pass.
He may make stupid comments, but his grammar and syntax are not tortured!

Barry

Post by Barry » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:00 pm

Guitarist wrote:
JackC wrote:Almost as stupid as Senator Rockefeller's (has ever ever actually been in West Virginia by the way :lol: ) statement that he wished that the FCC would ban Fox News and MSNBC.

He may make stupid comments, but his grammar and syntax are not tortured!
You can probably credit that the people he steals his comments from.
"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." - Abraham Lincoln

"Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed." - Winston Churchill

"Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement." - Ronald Reagan

http://www.davidstuff.com/political/wmdquotes.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pbp0hur ... re=related