I love Irony!

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Post Reply
Guitarist
Posts: 1164
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:22 pm
Location: Davis, CA

I love Irony!

Post by Guitarist » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:07 pm

Here's a recent quote from Sarah Palin:
"I want to help clean up the state that is so sorry today of journalism. And I have a communications degree."
:?: :shock:

piston
Posts: 10767
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:50 am

Re: I love Irony!

Post by piston » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:10 pm

Old Soviet winds must be blowing in her direction.....
In the eyes of those lovers of perfection, a work is never finished—a word that for them has no sense—but abandoned....(Paul Valéry)

JackC
Posts: 2987
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 10:57 am

Re: I love Irony!

Post by JackC » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:14 pm

Almost as stupid as Senator Rockefeller's (has ever ever actually been in West Virginia by the way :lol: ) statement that he wished that the FCC would ban Fox News and MSNBC.

And Joe Biden says more stupid stuff every week than the rest of the human race combined. I wonder why he gets a pass.
Last edited by JackC on Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scott Morrison
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 6:19 pm
Location: Vermont

Re: I love Irony!

Post by Scott Morrison » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:17 pm

What's great about her is that she has no idea when she has her foot in her mouth.

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people. - H. L. Mencken
Der Himmel hängt voller Geigen. - Bavarian folksong

Barry
Posts: 10344
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:50 pm

Re: I love Irony!

Post by Barry » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:40 pm

JackC wrote: And Joe Biden says more stupid stuff every week than the rest of the human race combined. I wonder why he gets a pass.
The classic was when he tried to convince a southerner to vote for him in an '08 primary by telling the guy that his state (Delaware) was a "slave state."
"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." - Abraham Lincoln

"Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed." - Winston Churchill

"Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement." - Ronald Reagan

http://www.davidstuff.com/political/wmdquotes.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pbp0hur ... re=related

Guitarist
Posts: 1164
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:22 pm
Location: Davis, CA

Re: I love Irony!

Post by Guitarist » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:53 pm

JackC wrote:Almost as stupid as Senator Rockefeller's (has ever ever actually been in West Virginia by the way :lol: ) statement that he wished that the FCC would ban Fox News and MSNBC.

And Joe Biden says more stupid stuff every week than the rest of the human race combined. I wonder why he gets a pass.
He may make stupid comments, but his grammar and syntax are not tortured!

Barry
Posts: 10344
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:50 pm

Re: I love Irony!

Post by Barry » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:00 pm

Guitarist wrote:
JackC wrote:Almost as stupid as Senator Rockefeller's (has ever ever actually been in West Virginia by the way :lol: ) statement that he wished that the FCC would ban Fox News and MSNBC.

And Joe Biden says more stupid stuff every week than the rest of the human race combined. I wonder why he gets a pass.
He may make stupid comments, but his grammar and syntax are not tortured!
You can probably credit that the people he steals his comments from.
"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." - Abraham Lincoln

"Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed." - Winston Churchill

"Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement." - Ronald Reagan

http://www.davidstuff.com/political/wmdquotes.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pbp0hur ... re=related

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests