Obama decides to wait

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Steinway

Obama decides to wait

Post by Steinway » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:51 am

Thankfully,the decision to bomb Syria will await Congressional approval, which will not happen.

I believe the solution for America to the mess is to bring all of our military personnel home immediately and let the countries in the Middle East battle each other for dominance, which will happen inevitably. The many Muslim sects despise each other and there's nothing America can do to change century old prejudices. Why should we continue to bring democratic principals to nations that will never work, particularly with the horrific human and monetary cost to our country?

Israel can take care of itself and the idea of protecting the American oil companies interests there is ludicrous. We have plenty of oil and natural gas and if the Europeans are so dependent on oil from the Arab countries, let them involve themselves in military matters and not depend on the Americans to do their job for them.

The older I get, the more isolationist I become.

david johnson

Re: Obama decides to wait

Post by david johnson » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:21 am

I understand.