Revealing Trump interview...

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Post Reply
rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:08 pm

Wow...check this out. Carson drops significantly after the debate:

http://polling.reuters.com/#!poll/TR130 ... potlight/1
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:40 pm

BTW, what are people's thoughts and theories on all of this? I'm genuinely curious, as I really don't know what's going to happen.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:57 pm

Whoa...Reuters 5 day rolling average pole still has Trump way ahead with 34% and Carson trailing at 19.6%, nationally. Can and/or will he keep it up?
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:06 am

Latest poll shows Trump even further ahead, but can he sustain it?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/ ... qDuuWKt.97

No one knows, but it remains questionable after his latest attacks on Ben Carson.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

lennygoran
Posts: 15916
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: new york city

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by lennygoran » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:18 am

rwetmore wrote:Latest poll shows Trump even further ahead, but can he sustain it?
He's imo self destructing-that last tirade-setting up a deportation department! Regards, Len :lol:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:50 am

lennygoran wrote:
rwetmore wrote:Latest poll shows Trump even further ahead, but can he sustain it?
He's imo self destructing-that last tirade-setting up a deportation department! Regards, Len :lol:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
I don't think he's self destructing, but those latest attacks on Carson were really foolish, IMO. He more or less insulted Iowans and Carson supporters -- the votes of which he will ultimately need to get the nomination. While some of Carson's claims do sound rather questionable as to their truthfulness, they can be questioned and criticized without throwing insults.

However, I think all those predicting his end will likely be wrong -- again. IMO, those repeatedly predicting Trump's demise fundamentally don't understand his appeal to voters, which is seeded deeply in the core issues he has made his priority. They are of course illegal immigration, the economy, ISIS, and taking care of our veterans. All of these issues have immense mass appeal to voters. Despite his flaws, he will -- I predict -- still be very hard to beat, in both the primary and the general election should he get the nomination.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:57 am

I think also many polls show Trump leading everyone by huge margins on these four issues. Many people may be incorrectly assuming that because people have reservations about his temperament or character due to things like this latest -- that it means they won't vote for him. Many may have significant reservations, but will still vote for him, especially having been burned by the establishment for so long. The same goes for non-liberal Democrats, or so-called Reagan Democrats. Anyone who thinks Trump won't be very hard to beat isn't paying attention, IMO.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:42 pm

lennygoran wrote:
rwetmore wrote:Latest poll shows Trump even further ahead, but can he sustain it?
He's imo self destructing-that last tirade-setting up a deportation department!
I don't get it. Why would setting up a deportation department be him self destructing? From the beginning he has said he wants to deport illegal immigrants. How could that be achieved without setting up a deportation department?
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

John F
Posts: 21076
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:41 am
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by John F » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:52 pm

I have to ask about Republicans what Trump just asked about Iowans: how stupid are they? Do they actually believe the cr*p he's spewing? But I'm for Trump for a quite different reason than rwetmore: if the Republicans actually nominate him, a Democratic victory in 2016 is a sure thing.
John Francis

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:05 pm

John F wrote:I have to ask about Republicans what Trump just asked about Iowans: how stupid are they? Do they actually believe the cr*p he's spewing? But I'm for Trump for a quite different reason than rwetmore: if the Republicans actually nominate him, a Democratic victory in 2016 is a sure thing.
I see a lot of this on the left wing blogosphere. I really think you are totally wrong, and I'm near certain that in the deep back rooms of the DNC, the candidate they want to go against the least, by far, is Trump, and they are nearly preying he doesn't get the nomination. No one will ever admit it publically, but I truly believe they know he is and will be a really formidable candidate in the general election, and if you don't see it -- like I say -- I don't think you're paying attention, as the signs are all over the place.

The mistake I believe you are making is you're assuming his bombast and bluster, which many don't care for, means they won't vote for him. In most cases this would for sure be true, but there is something about the core issues he's taken a clear stance on that have such mass appeal that I don't think it will happen in this case.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

lennygoran
Posts: 15916
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: new york city

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by lennygoran » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:22 pm

rwetmore wrote: taking care of our veterans.
Where's the apology to McCain and the other captured veterans?

"Real-estate magnate Donald Trump attacked Sen. John McCain's (R-Arizona) status as a "war hero" on Saturday, saying he was only viewed as a war hero because "he was captured."

Speaking at an event in Iowa, Trump argued that McCain — who has spoken out against Trump for his controversial comments about Mexican immigrants — was not a real war hero.

"He's not a war hero," Trump said. "He's a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren't captured."

"Perhaps he's a war hero, but right now, he's said bad things about a lot of people,' Trump added. "

Regards, Len

lennygoran
Posts: 15916
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: new york city

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by lennygoran » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:25 pm

rwetmore wrote:
I don't get it. Why would setting up a deportation department be him self destructing? From the beginning he has said he wants to deport illegal immigrants. How could that be achieved without setting up a deportation department?
Donald Trump's Deportation Plan Would Cost $100-200 Billion

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-el ... on-n411066

Regards, Len

lennygoran
Posts: 15916
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: new york city

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by lennygoran » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:27 pm

John F wrote:But I'm for Trump for a quite different reason than rwetmore: if the Republicans actually nominate him, a Democratic victory in 2016 is a sure thing.
You're too confident for me-the sooner he and carson are eliminated the more comfortable I'll feel! Regards, Len :lol:

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:30 pm

lennygoran wrote:
rwetmore wrote:
I don't get it. Why would setting up a deportation department be him self destructing? From the beginning he has said he wants to deport illegal immigrants. How could that be achieved without setting up a deportation department?
Donald Trump's Deportation Plan Would Cost $100-200 Billion

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-el ... on-n411066

Regards, Len
Who would think it wouldn't cost money? That's a small price to pay if it can really be done for that amount.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:30 pm

lennygoran wrote:
rwetmore wrote: taking care of our veterans.
Where's the apology to McCain and the other captured veterans?

"Real-estate magnate Donald Trump attacked Sen. John McCain's (R-Arizona) status as a "war hero" on Saturday, saying he was only viewed as a war hero because "he was captured."

Speaking at an event in Iowa, Trump argued that McCain — who has spoken out against Trump for his controversial comments about Mexican immigrants — was not a real war hero.

"He's not a war hero," Trump said. "He's a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren't captured."

"Perhaps he's a war hero, but right now, he's said bad things about a lot of people,' Trump added. "

Regards, Len
This is old news. Why bring this up now?
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:32 pm

lennygoran wrote:
John F wrote:But I'm for Trump for a quite different reason than rwetmore: if the Republicans actually nominate him, a Democratic victory in 2016 is a sure thing.
You're too confident for me-the sooner he and carson are eliminated the more comfortable I'll feel! Regards, Len :lol:
Yes, he's too confident. I am not confident Trump will win the nomination. I think he has a good chance, but I really don't know what's going to happen. I just don't know where Carson's supporters will go when he fades (assuming he even fades). He may not.
Last edited by rwetmore on Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:37 pm

John F wrote:I have to ask about Republicans what Trump just asked about Iowans: how stupid are they? Do they actually believe the cr*p he's spewing? But I'm for Trump for a quite different reason than rwetmore: if the Republicans actually nominate him, a Democratic victory in 2016 is a sure thing.
John,

Is it fair to ask for your specific reasons why you think this?
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:45 pm

Trump now polling at 42% post the last debate, which I though he did only OK in.

Trump surges among likely Republican primary voters: Reuters/Ipsos poll:

http://news.yahoo.com/trump-surges-amon ... 21679.html

Edit: This is the same article I posted above, but it's worth a read.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

lennygoran
Posts: 15916
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: new york city

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by lennygoran » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:06 pm

rwetmore wrote: Why bring this up now?
You're the one who brought up how Trump loves the veterans-apparently only those who win. Regards, Len :(

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:37 am

lennygoran wrote:
rwetmore wrote: Why bring this up now?
You're the one who brought up how Trump loves the veterans-apparently only those who win. Regards, Len :(
Do you know that he's donating the entire proceeds of his book, 'Crippled America', to the veterans? And not only to those that win or have won, but all of the veterans regardless.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:46 pm

If interested, this is the rally where Trump made the Carson comments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apaToLjdRp4
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

lennygoran
Posts: 15916
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: new york city

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by lennygoran » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:37 pm

rwetmore wrote:
Do you know that he's donating the entire proceeds of his book, 'Crippled America', to the veterans? And not only to those that win or have won, but all of the veterans regardless.
That's good-the more that is extracted from him before he is out of politics the better. Regards, Len :)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:40 pm

http://polling.reuters.com/#poll/TR130/ ... 7/type/day

5 day rolling average.

Trump increases his lead among Republican Primary voters. Trump at 36% now and Carson below 15%. Carson may be fading finally.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

karlhenning
Composer-in-Residence
Posts: 9816
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:12 am
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by karlhenning » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:51 am

I love how he both accepts and spends OPM, yet gets all the favorable publicity of supposedly "funding his own campaign." A master of double-speak!

Oh, and every sound-bite of El Tupé saying we should close mosques is a propaganda victory for the extremists.

Cheers,
~k.
Karl Henning, PhD
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston, Massachusetts
http://members.tripod.com/~Karl_P_Henning/
http://henningmusick.blogspot.com/
Published by Lux Nova Press
http://www.luxnova.com/

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:26 am

Here is an interesting piece:

GOP group plans most aggressive anti-Trump campaign yet

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/g ... yet-216085
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

lennygoran
Posts: 15916
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: new york city

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by lennygoran » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:03 am

rwetmore wrote:Here is an interesting piece:

GOP group plans most aggressive anti-Trump campaign yet
After his disgraceful remarks from yesterday the whole country needs to go on the offensive against him!

Donald Trump's Plan for a Muslim Database Draws Comparison to Nazi Germany

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-el ... se-n466716 Regards, Len

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:37 am

lennygoran wrote:After his disgraceful remarks from yesterday the whole country needs to go on the offensive against him!

Donald Trump's Plan for a Muslim Database Draws Comparison to Nazi Germany

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-el ... se-n466716 Regards, Len
Well, I certainly can't support mandatory registration for Muslims into a database. Certainly not if they are US citizens, as that would be an overt violation of their civil liberties. If this is or becomes a part of Trump's official policy positions, I won't be voting for him.

Trump did say his comments were misconstrued, and I didn't actually see the whole thing where he said these things. I'm naturally suspicious of selected Trump quotes from the press, as they've been dishonest so many times. This would never fly anyway.

It does raise the question of how to deal with this immensely difficult problem of radical Islamic terrorism in this country and around the world. The best defense would seem to be to secure the boarders first and foremost since that's the most likely way ISIS would get into the country -- by sneaking in illegally (save for possibly via posing as Syrian Migrants). From there, using the best intelligence and investigative means available within the law to find them and thwart attacks, including those from home grown ISIS members. I don't know the laws in France or their investigative techniques and how they compare to ours, but whatever they were, they were obviously not sufficient to foil the attack. I tend to doubt they would be here as well.
Last edited by rwetmore on Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:48 am

Len,

You do understand that Trump is not anti-Muslim, right? He's even said he has many Muslim friends and they are great people.

So the comparison to Nazi Germany and the Jews is just total nonsense.

But we have a really difficult problem here with radical Islam, i.e. radical Muslims, that are not interested in co-existing with us and want to do us harm and/or exterminate us from the planet. They are the Nazi Germany equivalent -- not Trump.

It's extraordinarily difficult to find the extremist/radical Muslims among regular, peaceful Muslims -- who no doubt are the overwhelming majority.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:59 pm

It seems my inherent suspicions of deliberately dishonest media reporting on this were true:

Drive-Bys Lie and Claim Donald Trump Said Register All Muslims

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/ ... ll_muslims

I've seen the media do this so many times with Trump. This is classic. Make no mistake folks, the media and the establishment elite in both parties will do virtually anything and everything in their power, short of assassination, to oust Trump from the race. Now, how many people out there with negative preconceived notions about Trump believed this story? An awful lot I assure you.
Last edited by rwetmore on Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:09 pm

There are so many people in the media that have no integrity, and it's stuff like this that I believe people at large are fed up with. It is a disgrace. I fully expect this hit attempt to fail like all others before it.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

lennygoran
Posts: 15916
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: new york city

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by lennygoran » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:52 pm

rwetmore wrote:
Well, I certainly can't support mandatory registration for Muslims into a database. Certainly not if they are US citizens, as that would be an overt violation of their civil liberties. If this is or becomes a part of Trump's official policy positions, I won't be voting for him.
Glad to hear you feel that way! Regards, Len

John F
Posts: 21076
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:41 am
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by John F » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:02 am

To speak of Trump's "official policy position" is to look for something that isn't there. Trump's pollicy positions are whatever he's most recently said, and he's shown he can say anything, no matter how stupid or untrue or contradictory of what he's said before, when the whim takes him.
John Francis

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:50 am

John F wrote:To speak of Trump's "official policy position" is to look for something that isn't there. Trump's pollicy positions are whatever he's most recently said, and he's shown he can say anything, no matter how stupid or untrue or contradictory of what he's said before, when the whim takes him.
No, he actually has specific documents outlaying the details of his official policy positions on his website.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:42 pm

BTW, after this latest thing with the media claiming he wanted to register all Muslims into a database, I'm now officially all in for Trump. I was pretty close already, but this sealed the deal and tells me all I need to know.

He never said or implied anything of the sort...it was completely made up, i.e. 100% overt journalistic fraud. If they need to stoop to this level, what does that tell you folks? It should tell you a lot.

Now be honest, how many of you believed that story when you read it? There were pieces all over the internet on it, and I even saw some comments from Muslim groups saying they were speechless about the comments. Meaning they believed it too and were unhappy.

Edit: They even had pieces with the candidates Ted Cruz and Jeb Bush commenting on it thinking it was totally real and something Trump said and wants to do. Trump not only never said it, he's never even suggested it. This story is huge, but look for the media to sweep it under the rug really fast.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

karlhenning
Composer-in-Residence
Posts: 9816
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:12 am
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by karlhenning » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:41 am

John F wrote:To speak of Trump's "official policy position" is to look for something that isn't there. Trump's pollicy positions are whatever he's most recently said, and he's shown he can say anything, no matter how stupid or untrue or contradictory of what he's said before, when the whim takes him.
The Apotheosis of the Weasel.

Cheers,
~k.
Karl Henning, PhD
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston, Massachusetts
http://members.tripod.com/~Karl_P_Henning/
http://henningmusick.blogspot.com/
Published by Lux Nova Press
http://www.luxnova.com/

Chalkperson
Disposable Income Specialist
Posts: 17669
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:19 pm
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by Chalkperson » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:40 pm

rwetmore wrote:BTW, after this latest thing with the media claiming he wanted to register all Muslims into a database, I'm now officially all in for Trump. I was pretty close already, but this sealed the deal and tells me all I need to know.

He never said or implied anything of the sort...it was completely made up, i.e. 100% overt journalistic fraud. If they need to stoop to this level, what does that tell you folks? It should tell you a lot.

Now be honest, how many of you believed that story when you read it? There were pieces all over the internet on it, and I even saw some comments from Muslim groups saying they were speechless about the comments. Meaning they believed it too and were unhappy.

Edit: They even had pieces with the candidates Ted Cruz and Jeb Bush commenting on it thinking it was totally real and something Trump said and wants to do. Trump not only never said it, he's never even suggested it. This story is huge, but look for the media to sweep it under the rug really fast.
Most of what Trump says is made up, as well as being bigoted, racist, garbage.

Pot, meet kettle. If the media got it wrong, so did the conservative media.

See below.

Max Boot is a serious commentator, normally I can't stomach what he writes, but this piece on Trump is worth reading.

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/poli ... instincts/

I have stayed away from anything to do with this most odious candidate. David Cameron is a like a nice person compared to this buffoon.

The fact Randall would vote for him makes me once again question his sanity, but, America is full of people dumb enough to vote for Trump.

What a country this has become since Bush the Junior invaded the wrong country looking for oil and a quick easy war.

Remember "Mission Accomplished" anyone.
Sent via Twitter by @chalkperson

John F
Posts: 21076
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:41 am
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by John F » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:32 am

The Muslim database thing is foggy because Trump has been vague and evasive from beginning to end. Even when he appears to give a definite answer, it turns out to be no answer at all. From ABC's This Week:
STEPHANOPOULOS: You did stir up a controversy with those comments over the database. Let’s try to clear that up. Are you unequivocally now ruling out a database on all Muslims?

TRUMP: No, not at all.
In his own words, Trump refuses to oppose such a database. But almost in the same breath, he goes on:
I want a database for the refugees that — if they come into the country. We have no idea who these people are. When the Syrian refugees are going to start pouring into this country, we don’t know if they’re ISIS, we don’t know if it’s a Trojan horse. And I definitely want a database and other checks and balances. We want to go with watch lists. We want to go with databases.
Stephanopoulos speaks about "all Muslims," clear as can be, but Trump shifts the ground to Syrian refugees, which he wasn't asked about. After days of such evasions, and numerous opportunities offered by "the media" to make it clear what he means, we still don't know what Trump's "official" (your word) position is, because he hasn't really stated it.

After this, maybe because of this, "I'm now officially all in for Trump." That's a huge leap of faith when you don't and can't actually know what he rules in or out, because what he says is so general as to be useless as a policy statement, and he changed what he says from day to day. You've been conned.

Read the piece from which I quoted the exchange with Stephanopoulos and tell me if you still put your trust in that windbag.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... abase.html
John Francis

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:38 am

Again, the human mind's ability to delude itself never ceases to amaze me.

First of all, Trump never suggested a database, let alone one for all Muslims. Moreover, I'm sure we have watch lists, i.e. databases, now under Obama of thought to be potential terrorists where the overwhelming majority are Muslims. Of course, we have databases for all of the refugees now too, i.e. we have a record of them. Not to mention the fact that we already have a database, i.e. a record, of all people who are in this country legally...duh. The story was 'Trump supports mandatory registration of all Muslims into a database'. Implying all Muslims in the US, whether US Citizens or not, would be required to officially register in a specific database as being Muslim even if they didn't want to. It was totally made up....the whole story is totally made up...the whole issue is totally made up. It's just more BS to try to take out Trump.

He's basically just saying he wants to have watch lists and keep track of the refugees coming into the country. Both of which I'm sure we are already doing now in some capacity. Do you actually think our intelligence agencies don't have watch lists or databases of potential terrorists? There is nothing here with this issue...it's totally made up.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

lennygoran
Posts: 15916
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: new york city

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by lennygoran » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:05 am

How can you say this after reading this exchange just presented to you?

STEPHANOPOULOS: You did stir up a controversy with those comments over the database. Let’s try to clear that up. Are you unequivocally now ruling out a database on all Muslims?

TRUMP: No, not at all.


Regards, Len :(

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:26 pm

lennygoran wrote:How can you say this after reading this exchange just presented to you?

STEPHANOPOULOS: You did stir up a controversy with those comments over the database. Let’s try to clear that up. Are you unequivocally now ruling out a database on all Muslims?

TRUMP: No, not at all.
Stephanopoulos didn't really ask the question right. Read what he said just after this. When Trump says he wants to require, i.e. make it mandatory, that all people of the Muslim faith (including US citizens) register or be forced to register into a separate database solely on the basis that they are Muslims, let me know. I certainly cannot and will not support that.

The reason why this is silly, is we already have databases and watch lists now of potential terrorists -- the overwhelming majority of which are Muslim I'd bet. We probably have had such lists and databases even before 9/11, but no doubt since then.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:35 pm

The issue is mandatory registration of all Muslims into a separate database (solely because they are Muslims). When Trump says or implies he's for that, let me know. Otherwise, this is just a game of parsing words that I'm left to conclude is nonsense.
Last edited by rwetmore on Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:43 pm

You also have to understand that Trump is not a politician and doesn't give polished, politically correct, or politically calculated (or expected) answers to questions an issues like this that arise. I seriously doubt the notion ever even entered his or any of the other candidates minds. It's just completely invented. There is nothing there.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

lennygoran
Posts: 15916
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: new york city

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by lennygoran » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:54 pm

rwetmore wrote:You also have to understand that Trump is not a politician and doesn't give polished, politically correct, or politically calculated (or expected) answers to questions an issues like this that arise.
But you have to understand there's more wrong with his answers than just that! Regards, Len :(

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:33 pm

John F wrote:The Muslim database thing is foggy because Trump has been vague and evasive from beginning to end. Even when he appears to give a definite answer, it turns out to be no answer at all.
BTW, I have noticed that Trump never goes all the way and overtly renounces something he's been accused saying or of being for -- even when it's not correct and he never said it or was never for it. I think he may see it as showing weakness or responding out of fear of being accused of such like a typical politician would. I do agree he could have clarified, but he chose not to; and Stephanopoulos -- for whatever reason -- didn't push him to absolutely clarify.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:41 pm

Here is an interesting piece:

Trump Derangement Syndrome Reaches Fever Pitch

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/ ... ever_pitch

I really don't know what's going to happen, but his opponents seems to be going nuts and don't know what to do. Nothing they try seems to work.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:37 pm

Hey, check this out. Kasich is running an ad using a former POW who is saying the following about Trump:

What If Trump Wins?

Republicans may have another Goldwater on their hands—and a huge dilemma if he wins the nomination.

By Jeet Heer
November 24, 2015


On Monday, the John Kasich campaign released a remarkable video in which one of the Ohio governor’s supporters, Colonel Tom Moe, a Vietnam veteran and former POW, speaks against Donald Trump by paraphrasing Martin Niemoller’s famous “First they came” speech about the dangers of apathy in the face of Nazism. “You might not care if Donald Trump says Muslims must register with their government because you are not one,” Moe says with Midwestern calm. “And you might not care if Donald Trump says he’s going to round up all the Hispanic immigrants, because you are not one. And you might not care if Donald Trump says it is okay to rough up black protesters, because you are not one. And you might not care if Donald Trump wants to suppress journalists, because you are not one. But think about this: If he keeps going, and he actually becomes president, he might just get around to you, and you better hope there is someone left to help you.”

With its implicit linkage of Trumpism with fascism, Moe’s speech puts into stark relief the question of what happens if Trump “actually becomes president.....”

https://newrepublic.com/article/124560/trump-wins

But it's not true. Trump never said what the former POW is saying he said about requiring all Muslims to register with their government (nor any of the other things).

I think the rest of Heer's analysis is basically complete BS. Unlike Goldwater, Trump's positions have wide and popular appeal, and are not limited in appeal to just conservatives. The GOP Establishment is afraid of basically two things if Trump gets the nomination. That he'll win the general election (and may even win big) and doing so will open the door for future non-establishment candidates to be considered more viable by the party's primary voters. As I said, they will do nearly anything, short of assassination, to take Trump out. They need to be very careful though, because it could totally backfire on them. A lot of it may have already actually.
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

John F
Posts: 21076
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:41 am
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by John F » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:50 pm

Republicans may have another Goldwater on their hands—and a huge dilemma if he wins the nomination
I've been saying something like this all along, and it's why I hope the Republicans do nominate Trump: he will surely lose the election, probably big time.
John Francis

rwetmore
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by rwetmore » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:59 pm

Here is another piece where the same thing is said about Trump demanding Muslim's register into a database:

The GOP is running out of time to find the anti-Trump

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history."
- Aldous Huxley

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened."
-Winston Churchill

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one!”
–Charles Mackay

"It doesn't matter how smart you are - if you don't stop and think."
-Thomas Sowell

"It's one of the functions of the mainstream news media to fact-check political speech and where there are lies, to reveal them to the voters."
-John F. (of CMG)

karlhenning
Composer-in-Residence
Posts: 9816
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:12 am
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by karlhenning » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:54 am

rwetmore wrote:You also have to understand that Trump is not a politician and doesn't give polished, politically correct, or politically calculated (or expected) answers to questions an issues like this that arise.
You have to understand that this does not "inoculate" El Tupé from the need to honor facts. It does not excuse the endless flow of reckless incendiary comments. It does not somehow make it a "virtue," that he is a bottomless reservoir of weasel phrases, even if they tickle you, personally, in all the right places.

Cheers,
~k.
Karl Henning, PhD
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston, Massachusetts
http://members.tripod.com/~Karl_P_Henning/
http://henningmusick.blogspot.com/
Published by Lux Nova Press
http://www.luxnova.com/

karlhenning
Composer-in-Residence
Posts: 9816
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:12 am
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: Revealing Trump interview...

Post by karlhenning » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:56 am

John F wrote:
Republicans may have another Goldwater on their hands—and a huge dilemma if he wins the nomination
I've been saying something like this all along, and it's why I hope the Republicans do nominate Trump: he will surely lose the election, probably big time.
Heck, he may be the death of the Republican Party, entirely.

Cheers,
~k.
Karl Henning, PhD
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston, Massachusetts
http://members.tripod.com/~Karl_P_Henning/
http://henningmusick.blogspot.com/
Published by Lux Nova Press
http://www.luxnova.com/

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests