Trump suggests 'injection' of disinfectant could beat coronavirus and 'clean' the lungs

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

jserraglio

Trump suggests 'injection' of disinfectant could beat coronavirus and 'clean' the lungs

Post by jserraglio » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:03 pm

BBC

Coronavirus: Outcry after Trump suggests injecting disinfectant as treatment

US President Donald Trump has been lambasted by the medical community after suggesting research into whether coronavirus might be treated by injecting disinfectant into the body.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52407177
Pulmonologist Dr. John Balmes wrote:Inhaling chlorine bleach would be absolutely the worst thing for the lungs. The airway and lungs are not made to be exposed to even an aerosol of disinfectant.

"Not even a low dilution of bleach or isopropyl alcohol is safe. It's a totally ridiculous concept.
Pulmonologist Dr. Vin Gupta wrote:It's a common method that people utilise when they want to kill themselves.
ALGERNON. [Airily.] Oh! I killed Bunbury this afternoon. I mean poor Bunbury died this afternoon.

LADY BRACKNELL. What did he die of?

ALGERNON. Bunbury? Oh, he was quite exploded.

LADY BRACKNELL. Exploded! Was he the victim of a revolutionary outrage? I was not aware that Mr. Bunbury was interested in social legislation. If so, he is well punished for his morbidity.

ALGERNON. My dear Aunt Augusta, I mean he was found out! The doctors found out that Bunbury could not live, that is what I mean - so Bunbury died.

LADY BRACKNELL. He seems to have had great confidence in the opinion of his physicians. I am glad, however, that he made up his mind at the last to some definite course of action, and acted under proper medical advice.

-Oscar Wilde

Ricordanza

Re: Trump suggests 'injection' of disinfectant could beat coronavirus and 'clean' the lungs

Post by Ricordanza » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:12 am

Every time I think that Trump has descended to a new low, he finds a way to go even lower.

jserraglio

Re: Trump suggests 'injection' of disinfectant could beat coronavirus and 'clean' the lungs

Post by jserraglio » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:31 am

On 4/24 Lysol manufacturer, Reckitt Benckiser wrote:Improper use of Disinfectants

Due to recent speculation and social media activity, RB (the makers of Lysol and Dettol) has been asked whether internal administration of disinfectants may be appropriate for investigation or use as a treatment for coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2). As a global leader in health and hygiene products, we must be clear that under no circumstance should our disinfectant products be administered into the human body (through injection, ingestion or any other route). As with all products, our disinfectant and hygiene products should only be used as intended and in line with usage guidelines. Please read the label and safety information.

We have a responsibility in providing consumers with access to accurate, up-to-date information as advised by leading public health experts. For this and other myth-busting facts, please visit Covid-19facts.com.

barney

Post by barney » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:44 am

Ricordanza wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:12 am
Every time I think that Trump has descended to a new low, he finds a way to go even lower.
It's quite incredible, isn't it? I wonder whether Barry is still just "not completely happy". Trump suggests treatments that are likely to kill people. But he knows more than any doctor - just ask him! Doctors are simply astounded at his vast wisdom and experience. Of course he's already cured cancer and invented a pollution-free fuel as well, he's just too modest and humble to tell us so.

lennygoran

Post by lennygoran » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:03 am

jserraglio wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:31 am
Due to recent speculation and social media activity, RB (the makers of Lysol and Dettol) has been asked whether internal administration of disinfectants may be appropriate for investigation or use as a treatment for coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2).
Well I took the hydroxychloroquine last week and that didn't work-I'll go for the injection of the lysol but I need to find a needle-thing is the darn lysol is not available in the stores right now! Regards, Len [on the run] Am I being sarcastic-sure-blame it on Barney :lol:

Marc

Post by Marc » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:21 am

What's the upset? :roll:

Trump is DEAD right.

Of course injection of disinfectant will beat corona virus.
Tell you what, it will beat everything in your entire body, and for sure it will get you a clean ticket for your journey to the Afterlife.

jserraglio

Post by jserraglio » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:29 am

Marc wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:21 am

Trump is DEAD right.

Tell you what, it will beat everything in your entire body, and for sure it will get you a clean ticket for your journey to the Afterlife.
Death . . . comes for us all, my lords. Yes, even for Kings he comes, to whom amidst all their Royalty and brute strength he will neither kneel nor make them any reverence nor pleasantly desire them to come forth, but roughly grasp them by the very breast and rattle them until they be stark dead! So causing their bodies to be buried in a pit and sending them to a judgment . . . whereof at their death their success is uncertain.
-Robert Bolt

Marc

Post by Marc » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:37 am

jserraglio wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:29 am
Marc wrote:

Trump is DEAD right.

Death . . . comes for us all, my lords. Yes, even for Kings he comes, to whom amidst all their Royalty and brute strength he will neither kneel nor make them any reverence nor pleasantly desire them to come forth, but roughly grasp them by the very breast and rattle them until they be stark dead! So causing their bodies to be buried in a pit and sending them to a judgment . . . whereof at their death their success is uncertain. -Robert Bolt
Death comes for us all... indeed.

Better be prepared.

(And do not serve your salmon mousse with clorox.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoBTsMJ4jNk

Last edited by Marc on Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rach3

Post by Rach3 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:38 am

From David Leonhardt's NYT column today, and for those who think we can re-open for the low risk while just the high risk stay home:

Discussing the fact virus more deadly than flu : " A few basic calculations show how scary a 0.5 percent death rate is. If about one in three Americans ultimately get the virus — or 110 million people — more than 500,000 would die. If 200 million people get it, 1 million would die ..Dr.Ezekiel Emanuel of the University of Pennsylvania pointed out to me that about 20 percent of virus fatalities so far in the United States have been among people aged between 35 and 64. If the total number of deaths ends up in the ranges I’ve mentioned here, the virus could end up being the No. 1 killer of people in that age group, surpassing both cancer and heart disease."

barney

Post by barney » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:38 am

Marc wrote:

Trump is DEAD right.

:lol: One of the nicer puns lately. Thanks.

barney

Post by barney » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:39 am

lennygoran wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:03 am
jserraglio wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:31 am
Due to recent speculation and social media activity, RB (the makers of Lysol and Dettol) has been asked whether internal administration of disinfectants may be appropriate for investigation or use as a treatment for coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2).
Well I took the hydroxychloroquine last week and that didn't work-I'll go for the injection of the lysol but I need to find a needle-thing is the darn lysol is not available in the stores right now! Regards, Len [on the run] Am I being sarcastic-sure-blame it on Barney :lol:
Come on, Len. You managed this all by yourself (though I am happy to inspire you. :D ). Better keep fleeing from that needle.
Last edited by barney on Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

barney

Post by barney » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:41 am

Rach3 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:38 am
From David Leonhardt's NYT column today, and for those who think we can re-open for the low risk while just the high risk stay home:

Discussing the fact virus more deadly than flu : " A few basic calculations show how scary a 0.5 percent death rate is. If about one in three Americans ultimately get the virus — or 110 million people — more than 500,000 would die. If 200 million people get it, 1 million would die ..Dr.Ezekiel Emanuel of the University of Pennsylvania pointed out to me that about 20 percent of virus fatalities so far in the United States have been among people aged between 35 and 64. If the total number of deaths ends up in the ranges I’ve mentioned here, the virus could end up being the No. 1 killer of people in that age group, surpassing both cancer and heart disease."
Surely a sacrifice Americans would be happy to make for the sake of the economy. Republican governors, those people of high ethical standards, tell us so.