Trump’s escalating attacks put pressure on vote certification process

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

jserraglio

Trump’s escalating attacks put pressure on vote certification process

Post by jserraglio » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:21 am

WASHINGTON POST

The chaotic effort to upend the U.S. presidential election has moved from the courtroom to a series of traditionally mundane events in county seats and state capitals, deliberations now under enormous pressure as President Trump and his allies seek to block formal recognition of President-elect Joe Biden’s victory in key battleground states.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

barney

Re: Trump’s escalating attacks put pressure on vote certification process

Post by barney » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:56 am

Can't read the WAPO. Joseph, do you mind copying and pasting the article? My list of subscriptions is already too big.

maestrob

Post by maestrob » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:59 am

More fascinating details. Here's one from the Washington Post article you just linked:
If the Board of Canvassers deadlocks on the decision to certify Michigan’s results Monday, Whitmer could seek to replace its members on the spot, or seek a court order requiring the board to certify. Whitmer’s office has not said whether it intends to use those options.

At a news conference Thursday, Whitmer said she was confident Michigan’s 16 electoral votes would be awarded to Biden with no disruptions. She noted that Biden had won Michigan by a margin 14 times larger than Trump won it by in 2016.
The beat goes on....

jserraglio

Post by jserraglio » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:10 pm

barney wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:56 am
Can't read the WAPO. Joseph, do you mind copying and pasting the article? My list of subscriptions is already too big.
So sorry, but I have decided no longer to reprint articles and provide links instead.

maestrob

Post by maestrob » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:51 pm

barney wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:56 am
Barney, that article is not behind the usual pay wall, so you can access it free of charge by clicking on the link provided by Joe's post.
Please note: The Washington Post is providing this important election information free to all readers.