TucKKKer Carlson has become the face of right-wing Whitelash

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

jserraglio

TucKKKer Carlson has become the face of right-wing Whitelash

Post by jserraglio » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:35 pm

CNN CNN's Jim Acosta Comes This Close To Calling Tucker Carlson A Klansman https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jim-acos ... 6dcd791978

Rach3

Re: TucKKKer Carlson has become the face of right-wing Whitelash

Post by Rach3 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:46 pm

Does the Murdoch family also support the Liberal Party in Australia and the Tories inUK ? Other governments ?

maestrob

Post by maestrob » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:21 pm

jserraglio wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:35 pm
CNN CNN's Jim Acosta Comes This Close To Calling Tucker Carlson A Klansman https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jim-acos ... 6dcd791978
Frankly, I think a network like Fox News should not be allowed to exist. It certainly wouldn't last two minutes in France, Germany, Japan, or even Australia because of media regulations there.

Giving a dickhead like Tucker Swanson Carlson a platform for his bizarre rants is the main source of our angry division. At the very least, Fox should take him off the air, much as it did recently with Lou Dobbs because of the Dominion lawsuit.

I'll be posting something here in the near future relating to this issue.

Never forget. :evil:

jserraglio

Post by jserraglio » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:08 pm

Puleeze don’t ban TucKKKer. I don’t watch sitcoms, game shows or reality TV, so his is the only mindless entertainment I get.

barney

Post by barney » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:46 pm

Rach3 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:46 pm
Does the Murdoch family also support the Liberal Party in Australia and the Tories inUK ? Other governments ?
They certainly do. In a huge shock Murdoch's Australian papers supported Labor's Kevin Rudd in 2007, but Murdoch must have seen a big economic advantage to himself. It's wonderful how his editors don't need to be instructed formally - they pick it up by osmosis. In Britain ditto. You've probably heard of the famous headline with which the Sun boasted after the 1992 UK election, when the Tories had an unexpected victory. The next day, in at least 84 point headline, the Sun gloated: "It's The Sun wot won it". Probably right too - it had mounted a vicious anti-Labor campaign. Murdoch's Australian papers are shamelessly biased to the right, climate-change denial etc. A good friend who rose high in the Murdoch empire said that from the outside it can be hard to pick the agenda in any particular Murdoch paper article, but there always is one.
I imagine Belle, if she is reading this, will leap in to accuse Australia's other media of left bias, and the ABC is indeed painfully woke these days, but they are not duplicitous like much of Murdoch.
Famously, all but one Murdoch paper around the globe backed the second Iraq war. The only recalcitrant sat on the fence - and it had a new editor within a month.
Finally, the influence of news media on elections is probably less than at any time in my life. Social media is greatly weakening mainstream media, and the more media is ideological the less it is trusted - both sides.

Rach3

Post by Rach3 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:01 pm

It was wonderful to see former golfer Lee Elder recognized , an Asian woman win , and an Asian man win at major golf tournaments this week --- all in “ stop the steal “ Georgia.

Sushi for the 2022 Masters Champions Dinner ! Love it.

maestrob

Post by maestrob » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:26 am

Rach3 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:01 pm
It was wonderful to see former golfer Lee Elder recognized , an Asian woman win , and an Asian man win at major golf tournaments this week --- all in “ stop the steal “ Georgia.

Sushi for the 2022 Masters Champions Dinner ! Love it.
Quite agree!