The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Here's the place to talk about DVDs (or VHS) films and movies you have seen on television and recommend or don't recommend. Discuss actors and scores, too.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

smitty1931

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Post by smitty1931 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:10 pm

This Swedish film is excellent. If you liked the book you will like the movie! The girl playing Lizbeth is perfect. I doubt that the upcoming hollywood version will equal it. Your library system can get it for you. Highly recommended.

HoustonDavid

Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Post by HoustonDavid » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:25 am

I'm anxiously waiting for the arrival of "Dragon Tatoo" and "Played With Fire" on DVD. I just
ordered them from Amazon. I already have "Hornet's Nest", and watched it because I wanted
to find out how everything worked out. Reading the books, I've read the first two and am waiting
for the long-delayed release of the last in paperback (which is why I peaked at the movie out of sequence).

They have obviously delayed the book release knowing that it will be the beginning of the end for
sales. They re-release the first two books about every six months, but the last one is a teaser
- to make more money I'm certain. Very enjoyable, both in written and filmic form.

I agree that the Swedish films are great and that Hollywood can't improve on them by much.
They probably won't do but one in any case. I will use the DVD's to refresh myself on the basics
of the story when "Hornet's Nest" is finally released.
"May You be born in interesting (maybe confusing?) times" - Chinese Proverb (or Curse)

Guitarist

Post by Guitarist » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:23 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed it and can't imagine how the US version could improve upon it--nor do I have any intention of watching it!

jserraglio

Post by jserraglio » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:27 pm

After reading the posts above, bought the DVD of the Swedish "Dragon Girl" at Target for $10 and was very impressed. Watched it thru twice at one sitting so I could get everything in Swedish. Then I ordered the book.

Guitarist

Post by Guitarist » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:40 pm

Guitarist wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed it and can't imagine how the US version could improve upon it--nor do I have any intention of watching it!
Well, never say "never"--or words to that effect! After seeing that David Fincher was the director and watching the previews, I broke down and saw it yesterday. It was very good. While I prefer Noomi Rapace as Lisbeth, I thought the US version held its own. The opening credits are just mind-blowing!