- HMV HQM-1112: Beethoven Sonata #24 and recital material
- HMV HQM-1127: Brahms Violin Sonata #2 (with J. Szigeti)
- Entré (Columbia) RL-3040: Liszt: Spanish Rhapsody w/Minneapolis SO/Mitropoulos; Chopin: Preludes, Op. 28 (complete)
- Columbia (USA) ML-4436: Music of Schubert in piano transcriptions
- HMV HLM-7008: Gounod/Liszt: "Faust Waltz"
- Veritas VM-116: Petri's "Last Recital" including music of Busoni, Liszt, Schumann: Fantasiestücke, Op. 12
- International Piano Archives IPA-104: Bach/Busoni Chaconne (from 78s)
- Westminster XWN-18255: Beethoven: Moonlight, Appassionata, and Pathétique piano sontatas
- Recital Records RR-430: Beethoven: Sonata #27, Op. 90; Busoni: Indian Diary and All'Italia, Perpetuum Mobile; Liszt: Piano Concerto #2 w/A. Wallenstein, conductor (all live)
- Electrola C053.01561 [same as HMV HQM-1112 above]
- World Record Club RI-3: Petri Plays Brahms: 4 Ballades, Op. 10; 3 Intermezzi, Op. 117; 2 Rhapsodies, Op. 79
- Encore PHS-1277: Beethoven Piano Concerto #4 in G Major; Bach-Busoni: Piano Concerto #1 - orchestras/conductors not named (live)
- Entré RL-3018: Tchaikovsky: Piano Concerto #1 w/London PO, W. Goehr, conductor
- Encore PHS-1278: Beethoven: Piano Concerto #5 (Emperor) [conductor/orchestra not named]; Chopin Nocturne, Op. 27/2; Schubert/Liszt: Die Forelle
- Japanese Angel GR-2181: same as HQM-1112
- MCA/Westminster MCA-14149: Liszt: piano transcriptions
- Columbia (USA) ML-4479: Beethoven: Piano Sonata #29 (Hammerklavier)
- CBS Special Products P-14152 [same as Columbia ML-4479 only "stereoized"
- 10"-Columbia (USA) ML-2049: Bach: Chaconne; Beethoven Sonata #6 in F, Op. 10/2
- dell'Arte DA-9009: In Recital: Franck: Prelude, Chorale & Fugue; Liszt: 3 Petrarch Sonatas; Busoni: Indianisches Tagebuch; Medtner: 2 piano pieces
- dell-Arte DA-9012: Beethoven Sonatas 30, 31, and 32 (Live from 1964)
- Westminster XWN-18844: "Petri Plays" (collection)
- Westminster XWN-18910: Bach-Busoni transcriptions, including "St. Anne" Prelude and Fugue
- dell'Arte DA-9016: Beethoven Sonatas #27, #29 (Hammerklavier) (live performances)
- Westminster W-9350: Beethoven Sonata #29 (Hammerklavier)
None of the WESTMINSTER recordings, which quite possibly represent Egon Petri at his best, and in some of the best SOUND ever afforded him, have never been reissued. The master tapes are now owned by Deutsche Grammophon/Universal, who could have easily put out at least one two-CD set in their "Great Pianists of the Twentieth Century" series taken from the Westminster original tapes. (Replacing André Previn—with no disrespect to his fine pianistic art—with Egon Petri might have been a more appropriate choice!) I highly doubt that DGG/Universal will reissue the Petri recordings since his is a name that has now fallen into near total oblivion. Those of you who have any of these Westminster LPs should hang on to them.
Petri's Westminster "Hammerklavier" sonata of Beethoven, along with the St. Anne Prelude & Fugue of Bach, transcribed by Busoni, is some of the pianists finest recordings of the many he made during his lifetime.
Sound quality in some of the live performances, particularly the Encore LPs, is pretty bad at times, but represent Petri in his only documentation of these works.
I would be happy to list the CDs I have gathered over the years if anyone is interested. BY THE SAME TOKEN, if there are any Westminster LPs not showing on my list above, please advise me with the LP catalogue number and a reference as to what is contained on the LPs.