Not all of us think the USA deserved 9/11

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Belle

Not all of us think the USA deserved 9/11

Post by Belle » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:37 pm

For the 20th anniversary of that apocalyptic event the short essay below is posted on "Spiked Online". The frightful haters from the Left once again remind us that there is little of social cohesion binding us anymore in the western world. They have done their utmost to cheer and participate in the destruction of our values and revel in the schadenfreude. Christopher Hitchens wrote scathingly about these types in his book "Hitch 22" and it made sobering reading.

I watched a program last night on National Geographic channel and was moved to tears hearing the recounted horrors from survivors; all of them men. The camaraderie amongst those people was incredible and very moving indeed, many 'first responders' turning back into the maelstrom to find their buddies. BLACK OR WHITE.

As I watched I was thinking about "toxic masculinity" and "deplorables" - both monikers brought to us courtesy of the modern Left. And within 20 years of that event an embittered American female used those atrocious and perfidious comments to slander average Americans. (No wonder you got Donald Trump!!) It makes me angry to this day: turning against the kind of males who'd risk their own lives to save the bony hides of vicious ingrates who turn and bite them like a snake.

On behalf of my family and my sons and grandsons, we won't forget their brave efforts and their suffering. And the patriotism of the men who went into uniform when they felt your country was under attack and needed protection; we thank them.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/09/0 ... -loathing/

If you have no loyalty you have absolutely nothing else. I went to school the next day and cried for most of it, but when kids in the playground fought and argued about who had their ball I also realized that young people provide us with a sense of continuity and hope.