Prof. Glenn Loury is a champion

Discuss whatever you want here ... movies, books, recipes, politics, beer, wine, TV ... everything except classical music.

Moderators: Lance, Corlyss_D

Belle

Prof. Glenn Loury is a champion

Post by Belle » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:39 am

He speaks truth to power and rejects radical, dangerous sophomoric utopianism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPZBbZHHVPU&t=268s

The Left generally has zero sociological imagination; they are unable to imagine a world beyond the closet of grievance, the big state and welfare, the public service, climate catastrophe, feminist activism, the swamp and its political obsessions and that great big pool of disgusting rich people who need to be punished. Revenge is in their DNA. Above all regulation and control over EVERYTHING.

There's a whole, big wide world beyond that of human beings working, dreaming, striving, paying tax, running businesses, employing staff, dealing with risk and competition, the depredations of the market and big government, practicing their religion of choice quietly, spending and enjoying consumerism, playing the stock market, negotiating the competitive world of employment and the striving for excellence and success and the belief that the sky is the limit. Men and women comfortable with their own sexuality who haven't the time of day to make any kind of deal about it. Families who want to raise kids free of state propaganda; it's of no use to them at all.

All these things are light years away from the navel-gazing, authoritarianism of the Left. Glenn knows it, I know it and so do thousands of others. They still love their country and don't want that destroyed by those who hate it.

jserraglio

Re: Prof. Glenn Loury is a champion

Post by jserraglio » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:23 pm

"I'm left. And sometimes radically, and sometimes I even shock myself with the degree of radicalness in my own - that I'm allowing to come out in my old age." ~ Glenn Loury

Read more, YRH, vent less.