Why did it go down?

John Bleau

Why did it go down?

Post by John Bleau » Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:16 pm

It's only fair for someone to ask me to listen to him if he listens to my HIV/AIDS myth talk. So this person insists that 9/11 is a conspiracy perpetrated by the US government. I don't want his whole argument, just one key point. It was a question: "why did WTC-7 go down?"

The official answer is that fire caused its collapse, but this seems unique in the annals of steel-structure buildings (other than the two towers, but their fires were from jet fuel). Can anyone here help me? I don't want to have to carry around two conspiracy theories, someone might start prescribing things for me.

Darryl

Post by Darryl » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:00 pm

Hi JB! Don't have any help for your query ... just wanted to say hello.

I used to post as Wadia Wilson on Classical Hub about 5 years ago. I remember your personality was very interesting.

On second thought, I saw a documentary that seemed to indicate the weight of floor after floor collapsing atop one another built up a vertical, domino-like momentum that brought the entire structure(s) down. I could be mistaken in my recollection. I remember that morning at work as you and Owlice were the first to inform some of us. I remember the first post ... "a plane accidentally crashed into the tower" ... then "the tower just came down" (Owlice seeing the Pentagon explosion).

PS I also remember you wanted visit Dealey Plaza. I drive by it at least once a month. You're welcome to visit any time ...

John Bleau

Post by John Bleau » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:55 pm

I do remember you Wadia/Darryl. Thanks for the hello, and hello back.

Darryl

Post by Darryl » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:51 pm

Does anyone know if Mel Merkel is around? He used to start some things ...

Brendan

Post by Brendan » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:53 pm

Mel is no longer posting to this board, to my knowledge.

Darryl

Post by Darryl » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:54 pm

Hey Brendan. He didn't come back as Monty?

Brendan

Post by Brendan » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:28 pm

Darryl,

Yes he did, but then voluntarily left us when Mark Anstendig was booted.

Darryl

Post by Darryl » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:39 pm

Brendan wrote:Darryl,

LOL! I can't believe it!

John Bleau

Post by John Bleau » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:31 pm

Anstendig's banning is a little perplexing to me. In my recollection, he has always been a very gracious poster.

Darryl,

I have since visited Dealey Plaza, at 1 am, on a three-day 2991-mile drive back from Tucson to Quebec City, three summers ago. Quite a thrill to be there, unbothered by camera-clicking crowds and traffic. The place was very quiet at that time.

I'm not referring to the two towers and their domino-like collapse. I'm talking about a third building, the 47-storey WTC-7. Why did it go down?

Ted

Post by Ted » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:44 pm

Brendan wrote:
Darryl,

Actually Brendan
To set the record straight, Mel’s departure was not voluntary.
The site administrators felt his presence here was a hindrance to the community at large.

Darryl

Post by Darryl » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:24 pm

John Bleau wrote:Anstendig's banning is a little perplexing to me. In my recollection, he has always been a very gracious poster.

Darryl,

I have since visited Dealey Plaza, at 1 am, on a three-day 2991-mile drive back from Tucson to Quebec City, three summers ago. Quite a thrill to be there, unbothered by camera-clicking crowds and traffic. The place was very quiet at that time.

I'm not referring to the two towers and their domino-like collapse. I'm talking about a third building, the 47-storey WTC-7. Why did it go down?
Well then I was right to begin with -- no help.

On Dealey, it has always been an eerie place to me. That area of downtown is considered the worst for accidents, so I'm very careful when I crane my neck to see the window.

PS I also thought about you when I watched the film "The Score" for the second and third times. Norton and DeNiro were great in that.

Darryl

Post by Darryl » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:28 pm

Ted wrote:Brendan wrote:
Darryl,

Actually Brendan
To set the record straight, Mel’s departure was not voluntary.
The site administrators felt his presence here was a hindrance to the community at large.
Now banished from this domain, those guys, both such characters, I just can't imagine what they must've put this site through. I know Melonty took pride in starting trouble.

John Bleau

Post by John Bleau » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:27 am

Here’s what the conspiracy theorists say:

WTC-7 should never have gone down (the same day as the two towers). We’re told that over the past 50 years, never has a steel structure building gone down due to fire. Only earthquakes and demolition have done that. WTC-7 was separated from the two towers by a couple of other WTC buildings. The official reason given was the fire (cause unknown) inside it. However, its owner, Larry Silverstein, was recorded on PBS as saying “we decided to pull the building” – i.e. deliberately demolish it.

This raises two questions: why were there charges in the building, and why is the official version now different? Or are the facts, as stated by the conspiracy theorists, wrong?

Barry

Post by Barry » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:00 am

John Bleau wrote:Here’s what the conspiracy theorists say:

WTC-7 should never have gone down (the same day as the two towers). We’re told that over the past 50 years, never has a steel structure building gone down due to fire. Only earthquakes and demolition have done that. WTC-7 was separated from the two towers by a couple of other WTC buildings. The official reason given was the fire (cause unknown) inside it. However, its owner, Larry Silverstein, was recorded on PBS as saying “we decided to pull the building” – i.e. deliberately demolish it.

This raises two questions: why were there charges in the building, and why is the official version now different? Or are the facts, as stated by the conspiracy theorists, wrong?
I don't know the answers to those questions, but it's refreshing to see a 9/11 conspiracy theory that doesn't revolve around Jews being tipped off in advance to not show up for work that day.
"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." - Abraham Lincoln

"Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed." - Winston Churchill

"Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement." - Ronald Reagan

http://www.davidstuff.com/political/wmdquotes.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pbp0hur ... re=related